Friday, January 28, 2022

January 30, 2022 Youth Sunday Message is shared Quaker style Pastor Jacqueline Hines

 

January 30, 2022

Youth Sunday Message is shared Quaker style

Pastor Jacqueline Hines

Jeremiah 1.4-10 


People are called in many ways. God has so many ways. Have you every sensed God calling you to do something? Have you ever had a conversion experience that led to your serving God? I was at Eastern College in prayer and was left speechless…felt full of God’s love and God’s wanting me to serve with power and purpose.

Jeremiah was called when he was young and lacked confidence, but God put God’s words in Jeremiah’s mouth and can do the same for any of us.  



Harriet Tubman answered her call to rescue dozens of slaves from bondage after she was beat in the head for refusing to tie up another slave. She began to have seizures, see visions and felt she heard God guiding her on her underground railroad to freedom.



Anna Shaw felt God’s call to be a preacher, and in spite of social challenges with insults and rejection of her being a women in the pulpit, she answered her call. In 1873, the Methodist Church “voted unanimously to grant her a local preacher’s license.

 Psalm 71



Has the Lord delivered you from a person or situation? There is an old prayer of gratitude that says, “Thank you Lord for delivering us from dangers seen and unseen.” Once I was traveling with a good friend from time to time. We liked being together, but he was finding it harder and harder to depend upon the Lord and he was doing his own thing. On one occasion, we were planning a 6 hour drive and I had a dream that there was a terrible explosion. The dream warned me not to go. Fortunately, I listened. My friend went and sure enough, he became a victim of violence that was completely avoidable if he had made the right choice.

Don’t get me wrong; I’ve made my share of poor choices. This time, I was blessed to listen and avoid the chaos that Satan has prepared for us. The light and way of God provided a refuge for me and saved me from certain, hurt, harm, and danger. That’s a good thing.

 1Corinthians 13



Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. 13And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

God has so much love for us. This day, I especially remember the prayers God has put on my heart.

Prayer for youth – Have mercy upon our youth and young adults who come and go from home, school, work, worship, and enrichment activities. Anoint them with fire, bless them to be your witnesses, bless them to return to you, deliver them from resentment, fornication, adultery, abortion, abductions, and addictions.



Deliver our children from ill health and poverty.

Prayer for couples – Anoint marriages with fervor and truth.

Prayer changes things and it changes us.

Luke 4.21-30



We live in an angry world –Charles Stanly – Surviving in an Angry World.  

He was abused by his step father…abuse comes with anger. He was healed. Jesus wants us to tap into healing. Turning to God is always the answer.

May it be so today.

I trust the scriptures and opportunities to reflect in the way of the Quaker Meetings is a blessing to you today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment